due to the spreading of the novel coronavirus and in accordance with the extraordinary measures if the Government of the Czech Republic and with the internal measures of the CU and 1st FM CU, as of March 16th 2020, the operation of the ISI was reduced.
Please follow our updates on current situation!
Operation of the ISI library
- study room: closed
- loan room: Monday – Friday: 8.00 – 12.00
All LOANS that are due in the period between the 11th and 27th March 2020 have been automatically extended till April 16th 2020 and no overdue fees will be added during the closure. In case the library closure is prolonged, the loan period will be extended again.
Online sources for studying and teaching
Publishers, publishing houses, distributors, and libraries have responded to the present situation and are opening their online collections for students and teachers for free or in the form of trial access – for the period of university closures.
- AccessMedicine – is an online portal providing access to the comprehensive collection of textbooks and reference e-books for doctors and medical students
- Elsevier – has opened a free trial period (60 days) for all its textbooks via Science Direct
- Coursera – online courses from universities around the world
- ProQuest Ebook Central – a collection of non-Czech e-books and e-textbooks
- De Gruyter – CU has now free access to e-journals published by De Gruyter (including 133 journals about medicine). Just select the cathegory “Journals/Yearbooks” in the Product Types section
- InSimu – mobile app to help interactively test the patient’s diagnosis
- Amboss – educational portal for medical students and physicians
- GIDEON – a point-of-care clinical decision support system
Sources from the Czech Republic:
- Bookport – Grada and its fellow publishers are offering e-books (scientific literature as well as fiction)
- Karolinum – the Charles University publisher Karolinum offers over 700 online books for free – all you need to do is log in to ukaz.cuni.cz via CAS.
- Pablikado – a collection of Czech e-books and e-journals
- Digitální knihovna NK ČR – digitized collection of the Czech National Library. Just switch language to “English” in the upper menu.
tools for online teaching – the Computer Technology Centre of the 1st FM and WikiSkripta have prepared and overview of useful tools
COVID-19 in scientific literature
Publishers, publishing houses, and distributors are making journals and chapters on the coronavirus accessible for free.
- an overview of COVID-19 literature – made and updated by Albertina Icome Prague
- current information on the coronavirus in scientific databases
- How long does the coronavirus remain in aerosol or on different surfaces? – an article by doc. MUDr. Drábková, CSc.
- Accucoms – several publishers have signed Welcome Trust-Coordinated Initiative for making COVID-19 content freely available to help the pandemic